Main wedding image
Site Map | Home | Contact
Australian Dream Weddings logo: Romance in the wonderland down under
Home about Us Design Your Wedding Wedidng Locations Wedding Themes Wedding Options
Why Marry In Australia Recent Dream Weddings Booking Your Wedding Testimonals Contact Us

Making your marriage legal

Planning Your Wedding Menu
Legal Marriage Info
Budget in Your Currency
Enquiry form
Planning Wour Wedding
Planning and designing your Australian dream wedding is easy. Please fill in the details below and click continue.
Three Easy Steps


Select your wedding location or wedding theme
Select your wedding options
Fill in our booking form

Legal marriage requirements in Australia are not a problem.

As long as you take care of the paperwork before you leave, you can literally marry in Australia any time after your arrival Down Under.

Australian law requires that all marriage papers are dated and witnessed no more than 18 months, and no less than one month and one day before the wedding day.

What you will need is :

(i) Notice Of Intended Marriage Form - available from any Australian Consulate around the world. Or once you have booked your wedding through Australian Dream Weddings, we will email you the Notice Of Intended Marriage form.

Once you have this form, fill it out and have it dated signed and witnessed in the presence of:

(a) If you are within Australia - an authorised celebrant, a justice of the peace, a barrister, a solicitor, a legally qualified medical practitioner, a member of the Australian Federal Police or the Police Force of a State or Territory of Australia, or a Comissioner for Declarations (under the Statutory Declrations Act 1959).

(b) If you are outside Australia - A Notary Public, an Australian Diplomatic Officer,, an Australian Consular Officer, an Employee of the Commonwealth authorised under paragraph 3 (c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955, an Employee of the Australian Trade Commission, authorised under paragraph 3 (c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955.

You must then send us the ORIGINAL form along with:

(ii) Copies of both Birth Certificates or Passports (if born in Australia, copies of birth certificates must be supplied. Passports are not acceptable).

(iii) If this is not the first wedding for either or both of the couple, evidence must be shown how the previous marriage(s) ended, such as, copies of Divorce Papers or Absolute Decree, if applicable, or copy of a Death Certificate .

(iv) If your name has been changed by deed poll - show legal proof .

Then send all documents to us by Courier or Registered mail at :

Australian Dream Weddings

Servcorp Offices
Level 57 MLC Center Tower
19 - 29 Martin Place
Sydney 2000
NSW Australia

We will take care of the rest of the paperwork

There are no blood tests and there is no necessary time of residency in Australia. Getting married in Australia is easy, if all the above procedures are followed.

There is a modest fee for preparation and lodgement of your legal documents by our office.

This fee includes the application for the Certified copy of your Marriage certificate after your wedding which will be sent to you by Registered Mail.

For any other questions, please email the Australian Dream Weddings office in Sydney, or call us. Contact details are at the bottom of this page.

About Us | Design Your Wedding | Wedding Locations | Wedding Themes | Wedding Options |
Why Marry In Australia? | Recent Dream Weddings | Planning Your Wedding | Testimonials | Resources
©1998-2005 Australia Dream Weddings | Disclaimer | Web Design by nbm