Far North Tropical Queensland is as famed for its World Heritage Tropical Rainforests, as it is for the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef.
What do the Wet Tropics and Great Barrier Reef of Far North Queensland, have in common with the Colosseum, The Great Wall of China, The Acropolis in Athens, the Holy See in Vatican City, the Tower of London, the Pyramids or the Statue of Liberty? They are all "sites" considered to be of such universal importance that their loss or ruination woud be a loss to all humanity. They have met World Heritage criteria and are inscribed on the World Heritage list.
The area in Far North Tropical Queensland provides an unparalleled living record of the ecological and evolutionary processes that shaped the flora and fauna of Australia... making it one of the most significant regional ecosystems in the world.
The area contains in excess of 3500 species of higher plants.
Of 1160 higher plants representing 523 genera, 199 families 43% of the species are endemic to these rainforests.
Australia is one of the 7 mega diverse countries of the world.
To the native Australian Aboriginal people, the Wet Tropics is a cultural landscape. The natural features of the environment are interwoven with their spirituality, subsistence use and social organisation. Elements of the natural environment are seen as links to the dreaming, a time when the landscape was formed.
For your Cairns Rainforest Wedding, we have carefully selected one of the most serene, unique and mystical rainforest locations in The Tropics - the stunning Botanic Gardens in Cairns.
Be amazed and enthralled by the magical environs of your rainforest wedding setting. Walk into a natural ampitheatre of ferns, palms and other rainforest flora. Listen to the native birds whistling in the forest. Smell the freshness of the wet tropics. Watch the rainforest butterflies dance over the giant palm leaves.
* Please note, in the event of inclement weather, we can offer you an alternative location. With some location options, an additional location fee may apply.
CAIRNS RAINFOREST WEDDING
Our inclusions below are based on the basic requests from most of our wedding couples. However as we are a personal wedding service, we can customise anything to suit you. Please email us for your special requests and for prices.
Your Wedding includes:
- Use of the Rainforest location and location fee
- Marriage Witness
- Bridal music. Click here to view musician options
- Beautiful fresh flower bouquet. A medium size posy which may be upgraded to larger styles. Click here to view our flower options
- Matching fresh button hole for Groom
- Sparkling wine toast for the Bride and Groom
- Chauffeur driven wedding sedan. May be upgraded to stretch limousines and classic cars. Click here to view transport options.
- Red carpet
- Small wedding cake for two - upgradable for more guests. Click here to view wedding cake options
- Wedding Certificate
- Wedding day co-ordinator to attend to the couple's needs
Please click on the images below to enlarge.