On 3 June 2008, the first official WeddingClimb took place at the summit of the world famous Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Australia Dream Weddings can now offer you the ultimate wedding experience high above Sydney Harbour with spectacular views of Sydney and beyond. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for couples who wish to take their special day to the ultimate high!
Traversing the suspension arch, you will climb through the Bridge and be able to touch the raw steel and rivets and experience more visual evidence of Sydney Harbour Bridge history. You will climb stairs and catwalks never previously opened to the public winding your way through a tangle of hatchways and steel girders suspended above the traffic. You will see the location where the arch was joined for the first time making Sydney Harbour Bridge History, and access walkways used exclusively by maintenance teams until 2006. At the top you will climb between the arches to the summit, 134 metres above the water, and see all of Sydney laid out before you. Along the way, a Climb Leader will share the Bridge's rich history, leaving you in awe of this incredible feat of engineering.
No other Sydney wedding location can give you this feeling of standing at the top of the world, with the Harbour spread before you.
What does The WeddingClimb include?
The WeddingClimb is a private Climb for the wedding couple, celebrant and guests. Taking up to four hours to complete, The WeddingClimb includes the Climb preparation, a guided Climb experience on The Discovery Climb, and time for the wedding ceremony at the summit of the Bridge on a specially designed platform know as the Sundeck.
All Climbers will receive a complimentary group photograph taken at the summit of the Bridge and a Commemorative Climber Certificate.
Things to consider for The WeddingClimb
- A 50% deposit is required and Reservations are non-refundable.
- BridgeClimb operates in all weather conditions with the exception of electrical storms.
- All Climbers must take a blood-alcohol breathalyser test and record under 0.05% before being permitted to Climb.
- All Climbers must pass through a metal detector. No loose items are allowed on the Bridge, lockers will be provided. Wedding bands are permitted on Wedding Climbs and will be secured by a BridgeClimb device.
- All Climbers must sign a declaration that confirms they are fit to climb and accept BridgeClimb's terms of trade.
- If anyone in your group is pregnant, expectant mothers with normal pregnancies can climb up to the end of their second trimesters (up to 24 weeks) providing they produce a signed Certificate of Fitness from their medical practitioner.
- All Wedding Climbers, including the Wedding Couple, are required to wear BridgeSuits and all standard BridgeClimb safety equipment for the duration of their Climb experience.
- WeddingClimbs take place on The Discovery Climb route and the ceremony will take place on The Sun Deck at the summit of the Bridge. The Sun Deck is a viewing platform where all members of your wedding party will come together to be part of your ceremony.
- Prior to your Climb, all Climbers should consider any health and medical issues that may impact their ability to Climb safely.
- Due to high demand operational requirements, WeddingClimbs cannot be facilitated during their peak period which is currently defined as 24 December to 10 January (inclusive).
The WeddingClimb package is for or up to 14 Climbers (Including the Couple, Guests, Celebrant, Wedding Coordinator, Photographer and Videographer if required).
Photography and DVD
Your WeddingClimb ceremony will create the spectacular memories of a lifetime that you have to cherish forever. The summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge is the most stunning and unique wedding location with photo opportunities for 360 degree views of Sydney, including east to the ocean, west to the mountains and the harbour city surrounds.
Whilst BridgeClimb's Climb Leaders are trained to take portrait style photography of Climbers experiencing the Sydney Harbour Bridge, they cannot deliver the artistic style of photography of a professional photographer and/or videographer. For this reason, we highly recommend that you consider a professional photographer and/or videographer to record your once in a lifetime wedding ceremony.
THE BRIDGECLIMB WEDDING PACKAGE
Our inclusions below are based on the basic requests from most of our wedding couples. However as we are a personal wedding service, we can customise anything to suit you.
Please contact contact us for your request and for prices. At least four weeks notice is preferable to assist in preparations
- Private Climb for the wedding couple and their guests
- All pre-wedding planning, co-ordination and correspondence
- Marriage witness if required
- Sparkling wine toast for the Bride and Groom after the WeddingClimb is complete
- Chauffeur driven wedding sedan to transport you to and from the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Wedding Certificate
- Wedding day co-ordinator to attend to couple's needs
Congratulations to Vanessa and Kyle who were married on The Summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Please click on the images below to enlarge.